Learning by doing and focusing on the participants needs and experience are key elements to personal and professional development.
With these in mind, the main objectives of the event are:
- to put together learning facilitators from different sectors and create synergies in order to create connections between non-formal learning, formal education and vocational training
- to promote non-formal learning in Europe and Romania
- to develop a space for identifying the common needs and challenges of all the stakeholders involved
- to develop solutions for the identified needs and challenges through projects and network activities
- to create a collaborative space for sharing methods, instruments, practices and efficient ideas for learning
- to create future European partnerships, eligible under Erasmus+ programme
- to offer a set of methods and principles with large applicability in the learning environment and develop online tools available for the learning facilitators after the event
Profile of participants:
This year’s edition addresses ONLY professionals in education. So if you are
- Youth worker
- Adult educator, you are more than welcomed to apply for this event!
The language of the event is English, therefore a medium level of English is required in order to maximize the impact of the learning process.
The participants must represent an organization: school, NGO, foundation, university etc.
How will CONNECTOR happen?
The event is based on sharing, learning and testing.
After the official opening and a short presentation about the history and purpose of the event we will start working. As fruit for thought, in the opening we will start with several inspirational speeches related to educational topics. The entire event is a space of testing and sharing ideas, methods, good practices.
One day and a half will be focused on learning and developing knowledge, skills and attitudes. Brains and emotions will be equally involved in this process.
Learning methods and tools (such as forum theater or improvisation theater, storytelling, graphic facilitation, living library, etc.) will be shared by experienced facilitators in parallel workshops and training courses (one workshop per participant).
Testing & planning
Participants will test the methods using performances or other type of interactive activities on a targeted audience.
After learning and testing participants will have the opportunity to debrief, deconstruct, and plan their professional future through guided sessions. The participants will also have the opportunity to plan future activities and develop future European partnerships.
Where will CONNECTOR happen?
The event takes place in Romania, a country with a vibrant cultural and social life and a place very present on the non-formal learning stage, in Europe.
This event is funded by the European Commission through the Erasmus+ Programme.
Connector 2017 is the fourth edition of this learning event.