Power of Positivity
Promoting positive mental health and well-being in youth exchanges.
May 15th - May 18th, 2017 - Bray, Co. Wicklow, Ireland
Power of Positivity (POP) will provide an opportunity for youth workers and newcomers to meet project partners to develop youth exchanges within the framework of the Erasmus+ programme, particularly projects working across the theme of the promotion of balanced well-being of young people.
Are you working with young people? Are you interested in a new way to engage young people in projects by creating a youth exchange with the aim of promoting their mental health and well-being? Would you like to make new partnerships to develop a concrete youth exchange? Then come and join us!
This Partnership Building Activity (PBA) "Power of Positivity" will provide an opportunity for youth workers and newcomers to meet project partners working to develop youth exchanges within the framework of the Erasmus+ programme, particularly projects working across the theme of positive mental health and well-being. The aim is to promote the creation of new partnerships which will lead to youth exchanges.
Positive mental health is about “a state of well-being in which the individual recognises their own abilities and is able to cope with the daily stresses of life”. Having new experiences, connecting with people, learning new things, being part of a group and facing challenges all contribute to the positive mental health and well-being of young people AND all can be found in Youth Exchanges all over Europe!
We know that promoting active participation can boost confidence and support the discovery of talents as well as lead to feelings of inclusion and self-worth.
This PBA allows for a constructive exploration of youth exchanges as a tool for promoting mental health and well-being among young people and for building concrete partnerships and youth exchange projects.
We aim to provide space for participants to:
- Develop contacts and networks to engage in youth exchanges with other participants working on the theme of Mental Health and Well-being
- Allow for the engagements of newcomers in Youth Exchange projects
- Share information and experiences of their organisation, target groups and projects working across the theme of promotion of Mental Health and Well-being.
- Gain a clear view of the possibilities and priorities within the Erasmus + programme
- Understand how to include non-formal learning and Youthpass in Youth Exchange Projects
This PBA will be dynamic using interactive and non-formal learning methods. A mix of workshops, facilitated discussions and other active tools will be used in which the participants are invited to play a central role. The activities will be led by experienced facilitators in Youth Exchanges
We are looking for:
- Newcomers to youth exchanges, working directly with young people and interested in the topic of Mental Health and Well-being.
- Having a true and real interest in establishing partnerships
- Being able to use English as working language
FOR NATIONAL AGENCIES : This PBA was originally titled 'Mind EUR Mental Health' under TCA planning board. The name change was due to a need to give clarity of the target group and content.